Sunday 19 December 2010

journeys

All the planning was over, the observing, the procrastinating and most of all the sheer panic over what I was about to do. It was time to embark on my big adventure.
M next trick was to actually get down to 'Britain' without being noticed. I had hoped to hitch a lift on a passing spaceship, but unfortuntely throwing junk at other planets seemed as far as the inhabitants had managed to get.
It's a bit like a kid chucking pebbles at a piece of wood floating on a lake, it's all good fun but it's not going to get you anywhere except into the logs bad books. A little unwise perhaps.
So far as people visiting the moon I was now sitting on, they'd been, seen and yawned. Got back in their spaceships and buggered off home never to return. Not surprisng really. It's a pretty dull place. Grey, cold or too hot depending on the time and no atmosphere whatsoever.
Obviously taking my own vehicle was unwise, I'd get spotted or even if I could cloak it, the power would eventually go down or some idiot would walk into it and the game would be up.
Best park it in orbit somewhere and hitch a lift down.
As it turned out, the earthlings had been hurling things about for a while and their space environment was cluttered with bits of metallic crap, bleeping and farting about in orbit. Every now and again something would fall slowly back to the ground. My plan was to hitch a lift down with one of them as it's orbit decayed and it plummetted earthward. What could be easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment