Thursday 16 December 2010

appearances

I decided, from catching some of the broadcasting wavelengths I'd been listening to, that Earth was not an easy bet when it came to welcoming strangers. You only had to have the wrong colour hair, or even no hair to provoke a reaction. Turning up as a whole new species from a distant planet would probably not go down too well.
Unless I wanted to be radiated and blown holes in, or slashed into small pieces by some strange masked men in wellies, hiding my identity was going to be necessary.
This earthling species seemed very reactive to initial appearances. I could only presume that they posessed psychic abilities.
There was an instance of one very strange gang that, whilst objecting to lack of modesty in not being properly covered, could take even more offence at a person who covered everything except their eyes.
Very bizzarre.
This was obviously going to be tricky.  I would need to go for a diverse society.
 I decided on a small population, in the northern hemisphere. A little island surrounded by water and hopefully nicely tucked away from major civilisation, but large enough an weird enough to fit into.
A little place named by the locals as 'Britain'...

No comments:

Post a Comment