Wednesday 8 December 2010

beginnings

It was a few years ago, this thing landed on our planet, in my back garden actually. It looked like a kids go-kart with an antennae on it. It kind of bounced and rolled to a halt under my front window.
I ran out to see what the commotion was and there it sat. Looking a bit bruised and useless.
So fed up with it now, these contraptions falling frorm the sky. The only connection was the plate on the side. Had a funny looking picture on of a humanoid, some symbols, no ones figured them out yet and these bits that make strange sounds. the last one nearly killed a kid, then started playing the most awful clanging screeching noises.
This one just sat, I kicked it and walked away, next thing I hear this bleeping noise and such. All very strange.
Turns out the scientists think its some kind of communication thing. Like a really long distance, one way phone call. Some primitive life form sending it's crap. I think it's a weapon designed to deafen or interfere with our brain waves.
Anyway, the important thing is, me being a scientist too and all, they need to try solve the issue. Can't have all this junk flying about. It's a safety and health risk.
They put together a team to trace the things to their point of origin, and I'm it!
So here I am, an anthropological theoretiscist on a  mission to meet new civilisations. I found that one listening to radio waves.
Spent the last 40 odd years popping off to a spinning, grey rock listening to them coming from this rather pretty planet that's called Earth by it's inhabitants.
Had a close call just after I first arrived, people coming and going but they left after a while and haven't been back since, though I swear I heard someone thought they saw my ship. I knew they should have made it grey instead of black and it really needed to look more organic but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment