Wednesday 22 December 2010

descending

It had seemed a briliant idea at the time.
The space station was due to come down to earth after years of service. In my mind this was a no brainer.
 Park up in a higher orbit, synchronise to just before the space station was due to start it's earth return and hitch a ride. The plan unfortunately had hinged on the idea that as it was a manned orbital satellite that would be brought down nice and safely.
This turned out not to be the case.
I had set my temporal vibrator to take me to Mir with minutes to spare. I docked with the station only to discover, to my horror, that it had been deserted well in advance.
This thing was basically going to drop out of the sky and right now I was attatched to it.
I grabbed the vibrator out of my backsack, never really understood the idea of having everything you need on your back when your arms are efectively at the front, still. I managed to get a sucker to it.
If I timed it right I would be able to ping back to a time I was on the moon and rethink my options.
I set the timer to a month before, hoping if I could pinpoint the inhabitants of the craft leaving I could go with them instead.
I pushed the  start button and... nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment